Friday, February 13, 2015

Collected Status Messages - 4

Here is a selection of the status messages I posted on a social media website during Dec. '14/Jan./Feb. 2015 months:

(Note: The messages are not in any chronological order. It doesn't matter, does it?)

1.
Tobu Mone Rekho. I have been listening to this Tagore song for the last few days…and for some reason, it still hurts me; my heart aches for some lost life I have never lived. I don’t know why.

"Tobu mone rekho, tobu mone rekho jodi dure jai chole
Tobu mone rekho, jodi puraton prem dhaka pore jai nabopremajale
Jodi thaki kachakachi, dakhite na pao chhayar moton aachhi na aachhi

Tobu mone rekho,
Jodi jol aase aankhipaate, ekdin jodi khela theme jaay modhurate,
Tobu mone rekho

Ek din jadi badha pore kaje sharodprate
Mone rekho
Jodi poriya monechholochholo jol nai dekha day noyankone
Tobu mone rekho." 
- Rabindranath Tagore
- appeared 23 Dec 2014

2. 
A decent and responsible tribute to the adorable artist, Suchitra Sen:
Suchitra Sen is one of Bengal’s most iconic, much-loved, and legendary actors to have ever lived and graced Bengal’s once-renowned flourishing film industry. One cannot possibly think of Suchitra Sen without thinking of another great of the greatest actors, her onscreen male protagonist, Uttam Kumar. Uttam-Suchitra combine has given us some of the most adorable Bengali films that one cannot miss watching in this lifetime. 

The Bengali book “Suchitrar Katha,” though a fictional account, is not to be missed for its portrayal of the mysterious artist. One gives full marks to Gopal Krishna Roy, the author of the book, for such a decent and responsible tribute to the unforgettable artist countless fans have admired. The book was composed from the author’s perspective of the artist and it is a lovable reminder of how much we have loved (and forever will) the legendary actress of yore.

The above review was originally contributed to an e-commerce website. Follow the link to see: http://www.flipkart.com/suchitrar-katha/p/itmdyu4yy97wmtdj?pid=9788172150365&icmpid=reco_bp_historyFooter_na_na_1
- appeared 22 Jan 2015

3. 
Wading through the crowd of pilgrims in a time of Swine flu and other viruses is a question of unshakable faith in the almighty God. smile emoticon — looking for inspiration at Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD).
- appeared 24 Jan 2015


4.
No, I did not give my hair there. But I know there's something so tender about the gesture when people do that. In fact, I couldn’t bear to think if I can accept the kind cruelty of the barber’s scissors on my scalp at Tirupati! I hope Lord Venkateshwara would not punish me for that omission and make me a Tonsuring Expert (a barber) in my next birth! I frankly hope not! 

To tell you the truth, my hair anyway looks like a chrysanthemum!!!
- appeared 4 Feb. 2015

5.
Just finished reading Chetan Bhagat’s new book “Half Girlfriend”. Well, I am not entirely unwilling to appreciate Chetan Bhagat’s new piece of non-literary stuff. Obviously, it is not going to win any 'artistic honour' or a ‘literary award’ beyond any doubt and I know it is not going for one either. 

But the book is readable. I mean, I enjoyed reading it. I liked the personal observations/entries made by the female character in her 'diary'. Must say they have been elegantly composed and well written, but not quite up to the mark. All things considered, go for it if you like a straightforward story told without frills, or else make no bones about the fact that it is not 'literary'.

You will like this book if you leave your moral high horse at home. You know what I mean. And yes, just for the record, my copy has been signed by Chetan Bhagat himself! Good, no? ;-))
- appeared 29 Dec 2014

6.
A sneak preview: 
The next story that forms the next part of my fictional memoir “Lost Days of Glory” is ready to be published online. I shall have it published as soon as I can. The title of the story I conceived is “A Vampire for Our Times - I”.

I hope you’d enjoy reading this new story pretty much as you did all the past ones that have appeared on my blog - Pebbles on the Beach – at https://arindammoulick.blogspot.com/.
- appeared 6 Feb. 2015

By Arindam Moulick


Pix courtesy: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments here:......