Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Wonder That Was Michael Jackson

What a tragic loss for the whole wide world. The King of Pop is no more. 

I grew up listening to Micheal Jackson songs night and day. When I was a teenager I aped his dancing style, his trademark moonwalk, mimicked his howls, and faked his accent while half-learnedly singing his great Pop songs. No wonder, those were the best days for us teens to bring the whole world down! 

Not just our gang of teens; everybody literally ate and slept his rasping music. Like Micheal Jackson, I too once wore black shoes with white socks.

He was one of the most awesome sensations, especially throughout the late 1980s and even in the early 1990s when his albums ‘Bad’ and ‘Dangerous’ were out respectively. I remember I rushed out of my house the moment I found out on TV that his brand new album was out! I bought a music cassette (no CDs back then) from a local store and played it at home for hours and hours together. Everybody used to go crazy at home with his superb music played on full-blast volume; even in the local stalls his ultra-modern music used to blare up and could be heard in the entire neighbourhood!


He truly rocked my world big time.

I remember when the album HIStory was released in the mid-1990s, all my friends went into a tizzy to borrow the cassette I bought and brought home to show them; later, of course, each one of them went off to buy their own copies from the nearest cassette shop. We played MJ’s album over and over again on the terrace and played stylish cricket there! Today, when I read the breaking news about his sudden death I couldn’t help but let go of my tears, even as I am feeling shattered and stunned in equal measure to barely being able to say anything except - “Oh dear Micheal, don’t leave us like this. No.


Alas, an era has passed and passed away forever with Micheal’s death. The world of music will never be the same again. Forever bereft it will remain of Micheal Jackson’s great music and dance. 


We love you Micheal: for all the terrific music we owe you our unshakable gratitude. You were the last man standing in the world of Pop. It was you and your wonderful music that gave us so much to rejoice and wonder about! Your phenomenal musical genius will continually live in our hearts. May your soul rest in peace and find a way to the abode of God's Kingdom. 

Goodbye Micheal. RIP.

By Arindam Moulick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments here:......