Friday, January 1, 2016

Dear Diary: Oh! Those Wonderful Days in College!

Dear Diary: 
Arindam Moulick, EzineArticles Basic PLUS AuthorYou know everything! I miss my college days so much, dear.
The 17th day of April '14 was not like any other day; it was a very special day for me. I had been thinking enough times to go visit my college but was unable to until recently. 
At long last, I had made that one important journey to the university/college campus located just off Kandaswamy Lane, where I had once been a student of Masters for two eventful, yet peaceful years. I don't know why I became so impatient of late to see it just once again after my graduating from there nearly 20 years ago. 
I walked along the old route I used to take every day via the now-defunct Hotel Sabharwal on the right and the Hyderabad Theosophical Society (a crumbling edifice belonging to a bygone era) on the left, to reach my college. Today, as I stood in a trance at one corner on the specious open ground near the tree-lined administrative offices of the college campus I gazed at the perfumed classrooms on the 2nd floor where I had once read Contemporary English, American and Commonwealth Literature and felt able to reciprocate a pretty girl's personal feelings for me. Those days were really the best days of my life. 
The remembered memories of Madam Professor's lively lectures on John Milton's Paradise Lost and of other eminent professors' masterful interpretations on the great Victorian, Elizabethan and Romantic Ages came rushing forth in the garb of unbridled tears barely held in my eyes. Feeling the swell of the nostalgic emotions in my heart, I broke down. 
Though the summer sun was beating down its typically hot sun rays on me even as I stood there day-dreaming about my earlier life gone a long time ago, I persevered because I knew this day like today will probably never see a reason to come back into my life again. Therefore, God, I entreat you thus: Let me just stay here a little while longer and muse over the time and tide of those romantic days that have all disappeared and gone. Twenty years is a long long time. 
Saying a quiet 'thank you' to the much-loved college of my young romantic days, where I've spent some of my best days in the alpine company of fellow learners exploring great works of Shakespeare, Milton, Austen and Pope; and where it all started out: my first cautious footsteps into adulthood, I came away rubbing my eyes and feeling perchance a little lighter in my heart. 
Like we say often times: Those were the best days of my life. They really were. And they will be missed eternally.

Sincerely,
Arindam Moulick

- Originally written in April 2014, published today on my blog.

- This article was originally published last year on March 11, 2015, under the title "Oh! Those Wonderful Days in College!on the EzineArticles.com website. Click here to read the article on EzineArticles.com: http://ezinearticles.com/?Oh!-Those-Wonderful-Days-in-College!&id=8954888

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments here:......