Sunday, January 24, 2016

My Case for Quitting Facebook

I wonder if it’s time to quit Facebook for good.

Navigating through all the trolls, the self-aggrandizing comments, filmy-looking photos of individuals (with their eyes, nose, ears, and hairstyles or other parts of bodies in self-flattering poses, self-complimenting postures and projections, Oh!), the incessant self-promoting (GUILTY ME!) in the open-for-all, bare-all, dare–all society of “Likes” and “Dislikes” and of preferences and aversions of social media is taking a heavy toll on me! (The tell-tale signs of which are this message itself, I confess).


Although I haven’t stopped being completely “social” on Facebook or otherwise, either personally or professionally, counteracting all the ‘out there’ stuff speaks volumes about how thick-skinned I must have become of late persevering all the hunky-dory tosh I see being bandied about every day on Facebook.


Be that as it may, I can’t expect myself to say “Take me outta here, I am a celebrity!” since I am not yet known to be one. (I know I am sounding a little modest here!). Precisely, for that reason alone, I think I ought to throw in the towel in the light of the fact that Facebook has begun to feel like a killjoy of sorts, a daily harangue no doubt!


(Presently, I might offer to quit Facebook and I know hardly will anyone notice this. But I might return tomorrow or just a while later… who knows, to hoist up my pix and hold out all that jazz to the world out there. ;-))


By Arindam Moulick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments here:......